Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a book called, Mom's Money-saving Cookbook from Glendale Federal Savings
- 2 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb beef chuck, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2-1 cup diced celery
- 2 -4 green peppers, coarsley diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1⁄2 cup green onions or 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can consomme
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 -4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- hot cooked noodles or cooked rice
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add beef.
- Cook over high heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until meat is browned.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, celery, green peppers, pimento, onions, mushrooms and consomme.
- Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Blend cornstarch, water and soy sauce.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Cook until thickened.
- Serve over noodles or cooked rice.