Recipe by strawberryjane
I came across this the other day and had forgot about it...It come from my Aunt..it's really very easy to make...what takes the longest is cutting up your meat and peppers into strips...A nice change for dinner
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 lbs chuck roast or 2 lbs steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in oil.
- Add 2 cups water and bouillon cubes.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Then add green and red peppers.
- Blend together cornstarch, soy sauce and 1 cup water.
- Add to meat mixture, stirring slowly until thickened.
- Serve over fluffy cooked rice and additional soy sauce.
- Note: I make this in an electric skillet.