Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is delicious any time of the year, but we particularly love it when our garden is full of tomatoes, peppers, and onions! A family favorite!
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut in very thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I add more)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup green pepper, cut in 1 inch slices
- 1 cup onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges (eighths)
- Brown beef in hot oil.
- Add garlic and cook until yellow.
- Add soy sauce and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook 45 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch blended with 1 cup water.
- Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
Wonderful recipe!! I love pepper steak and have only eaten it in restaurants. This was so easy to make at home and tasted great! I did use 2 cloves of garlic, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 3 roma tomatoes. Will double the recipe from now on so we can have leftovers. Thank you so much MustangMom for posting!
Recipe was great, just added a little salt&pepper and 4 tablespoons of soy sauce. Thank you...