Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was my sister-in-law's recipe. It's a staple around here. Easy and tasty.
- 2 lbs round steaks, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons oil (or cooking spray)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (or 1 Quart jar home canned)
- 1 -2 green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- white rice or brown rice
- Cut round steak into thin strips.
- Brown in sprayed skillet or in 2 tbs. oil.
- Add onion and garlic and saute another 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes; cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
- Add green peppers; simmer additional 20 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch into soy sauce; stir into meat and tomato mixture and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked white or brown rice.
YUM! This was delish! Hubby and 2 kids (4 & 5) loved it. First time all week there was no complaining about food! This rating is for seasonings and flavor, but I had to make a major substitution bc I'm allergic to bell peppers (we used mushrooms). I also followed another reviewers recommendation and used about 1 1/2 tbls cornstarch. Thanks for a great, easy recipe!
My 2 kids and I LOVED this pepper steak recipe. Rummaging thru' all the P.S. recipes out there can be very daunting, but this one truly fit the bill! I think we're done looking for the perfect peppersteak!
Great! Even my 2 yo liked this one. Will make again. Followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for sharing.