Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a hearty meal served over rice. It's easy and you can put it in the crock pot in the morning and just let it sit until dinner time! This is great served with a warm loaf of french bread and butter.
- 3 lbs rump roast, cut into 1in . cubes
- 1 -2 green bell pepper, cut into 1in . pieces
- 1 1⁄2 medium yellow onions, chopped small
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 pint sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 2 -3 cups beef stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil
- 6 -8 cups cooked rice (we prefer brown)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- flour or cornstarch, to thicken
- Shake cubed rump roast in a large ziploc bag with flour, season salt, garlic powder and cornmeal.
- Fry in 1 tablespoons oil until browned (it will finish cooking in the crock pot.).
- Add onion and green pepper and cook, stirring for 3-5 minute.
- Put browned meat mixture in crock pot.
- Saute' mushrooms in 2 teaspoons oil for 2min.
- Add mushrooms to crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Thicken before serving if desired.
- Serve hot over cooked rice.