Essie Jane's Note:
This is a hearty meal served over rice. It's easy and you can put it in the crock pot in the morning and just let it sit until dinner time! This is great served with a warm loaf of french bread and butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs rump roast, cut into 1in . cubes
- 1 -2 green bell pepper, cut into 1in . pieces
- 1 1/2 medium yellow onions, chopped small
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 pint sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1/4-1/2 cup cooking sherry
- 2 -3 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil
- 6 -8 cups cooked rice (we prefer brown)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- flour or cornstarch, to thicken
- 1Shake cubed rump roast in a large ziploc bag with flour, season salt, garlic powder and cornmeal.
- 2Fry in 1 tablespoons oil until browned (it will finish cooking in the crock pot.).
- 3Add onion and green pepper and cook, stirring for 3-5 minute.
- 4Put browned meat mixture in crock pot.
- 5Saute' mushrooms in 2 teaspoons oil for 2min.
- 6Add mushrooms to crock pot.
- 7Add remaining ingredients.
- 8Thicken before serving if desired.
- 9Serve hot over cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.6
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 83.0 mg
- Sodium 321.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: