Recipe by khott13
A family variation of pepper steak. Serve with a lot of rice to soak up the sauce.
Top Review by Zewbiedoo
This was good. I was looking for a recipe to use up some leftover grilled steak we had in the fridge. I added a little cornstarch for thickener and some minced garlic and ginger, and subbed brown sugar for the ketchup. DH liked it and I will be making this again the next time I have leftover steak! Thanks.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb steak, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sauce ingredients, mix and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large wok.
- Add the raw beef and onion first, and stir until no longer pink.
- Add the peppers and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the sauce, bring to a boil and simmer until thickened to desired consistency.
- Serve over rice.