Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low sodium Chinese.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs london broil beef
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 green peppers, cut in 1-inch squares
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups broth or 1 1⁄2 cups consomme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup light molasses
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Cut beef into paper-thin slices. Heat salad oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add beef slices; cook briefly, just until red color disappears. Add peppers, scallions, and celery. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Blend water with cornstarch; stir in remaining ingredients, except rice. Add quickly to beef mixture, stirring constantly until slightly thickened and boiling.
- Serve with hot rice.