Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A family favorite for years.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon gravy beef base (beef)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large green peppers, cut into strips
- hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into strips. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat meat strips. In large skillet, cook meat in hot oil until browned on all sides.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid.
- Add tomato liquid, water, onion and gravy base to meat in skillet.
- Cover and simmer 1 1/4 hours.
- Uncover, stir in Worcestershire sauce. Add green pepper strips.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add drained tomatoes. Cook about 5 minutes more.
- Serve over hot rice.