Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Someone posted this in the forums and I wanted to be able to find it to make later.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin steaks (or round steak or london broil)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 green peppers, cut in 1-inch squares
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, broth or 1 1⁄2 cups consomme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup light molasses
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons msg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Cut beef into paper-thin slices; sprinkle with tenderizer.
- Heat salad oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add beef slices; cook briefly, just until red color disappears.
- Add peppers, scallions, and celery. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Blend water with cornstarch; stir in remaining ingredients, except rice.
- Add quickly to beef mixture, stirring constantly until slightly thickened and boiling.
- Serve with hot rice.