Recipe by Dessertyummy
I found this online after a forum request. No idea what website I got it from! So it is borrowed from someone else...I do not know the actual cooking time, so I estimated!
Top Review by Sarah in New York
This recipe is AMAZING! We loved it. I omitted the MSG, just because it's bad for you and added a little brown sugar because I only had abuot 1/8 of a cup of molasses, but other than that I followed it to a tee! Perfect. Very tasty. Made for PAC 2009.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef steaks (sirloin, round, or London broil)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 green peppers, cut in 1-inch squares
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diagonally sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup light molasses
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons msg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beef into paper-thin slices; sprinkle with tenderizer.
- Heat salad oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add beef slices; cook briefly, just until red color disappears.
- Add peppers, scallions, and celery. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Blend water with cornstarch; stir in remaining ingredients, except rice.
- Add quickly to beef mixture, stirring constantly until slightly thickened and boiling.
- Serve with hot rice.