Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is something I invented, it's good and hearty, and has been popular with all that I've served it to.
- 1 -2 lb stew meat
- 1 large onion, sliced into bite size chunks
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced into bite size chunks
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped into bite size chunks
- 1 can diced tomato, 15 oz
- 1 can tomato sauce, 8 oz
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry oregano leaves
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry thyme leaves
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Trim fat off meat, cut into bite size chunks.
- Cook meat, garlic, onion, pepper, celery in skillet in oil until vegetables are soft.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, oregano, thyme, basil.
- Allow to simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve over rice.
I thought this was a very good recipe and close to what my mom use to make. Thanks for submitting.
The Pepper Steak is very hardy, easy to make and delicious! The only suggesstion I would make is to place all the ingredients in a Wok or a deep skillet pan. Inexpensive and good for the whole family!