This is something I invented, it's good and hearty, and has been popular with all that I've served it to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb stew meat
- 1 large onion, sliced into bite size chunks
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced into bite size chunks
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped into bite size chunks
- 1 can diced tomato, 15 oz
- 1 can tomato sauce, 8 oz
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry oregano leaves
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry thyme leaves
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1Trim fat off meat, cut into bite size chunks.
- 2Cook meat, garlic, onion, pepper, celery in skillet in oil until vegetables are soft.
- 3Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, oregano, thyme, basil.
- 4Allow to simmer 20 minutes.
- 5Stir occasionally.
- 6Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.4
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 90.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: