Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend emailed this recipe to me and I tried it. DELICIOUS and a real kid pleaser! I served it over brown rice and my husband and I sprinkled red pepper flakes over the top of our servings for a kick. If we were not serving it to the kids, we would have cooked it right in.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, cut into thin strips
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Heat a large skillet. Cook onion, bell peppers, and garlic in oil until tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- Heat the same large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour soy sauce, honey, and red wine vinegar in pan, then add beef. Cook beef, stirring frequently, until done, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in cooked vegetables, and cook another 10 to 15 minutes.
This was my first time making Asian food and I was scared at the amount of honey in the recipe but it turned out to be the best Chinese food I've ever had. I think it's because there is no ginger which I am not very fond of. The meat was tender and flavorful. The whole dish was superb. I highly recommend it. Thank you for helping me overcome my fear of making this type of cuisine.
This was really delicious I cut the recipe down but it still worked out fine. The sauce was very very tasty and I will be making it again. Also it's on the plate in no time great for when you come in from work. Thank you for posting. made for the diabetic forum.