1/4 Photos of Pepper Steak
Comfort Food. Serve with brown rice and a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 can chopped tomato, drained or 2 medium tomatoes blanched,peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1Slice the beef into 3 inch strips 1/4 inch wide.
- 2Heat 1 T.
- 3oil in skillet on medium high and add onion and garlic, stirring until onion is tender, around 4 or 5 minutes.
- 4Remove with a slotted spoon.
- 5Add remaining oil and saute the beef until browned.
- 6Remove with a slotted spoon.
- 7Add the broth, soy sauce, sugar and ground pepper to the skillet, stir well.
- 8Return beef, onion and garlic to skillet and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 9Add celery, bell pepper and tomatoes.
- 10Cover and cook until celery and peppers are crisp/tender-around 5 minutes.
- 11Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water.
- 12Stir into the skillet stirring constantly until thickened around 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.5
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 1331.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: