Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Our children love this recipe so I always double it.
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large green peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2 in strips
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Cut steak into strips.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper into a ziplock bag add steak and toss until coated.
- Add coated steak, onion, garlic, and green pepper to the crock-pot (slow cooker); stir.
- Mix together tomatoes, beef base, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce then pour into crock-pot.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours .
- If you'd like a thick gravy, one hour before serving turn to high setting, and add a smooth paste of 3 tbs flour and 3 tbs butter (or water) stir into crock-pot.
- Serve over a bed of rice.
I put this in the crockpot this morning and we had it for supper tonight, over garlic mashed potatoes, it was wonderfull!! Adjusted it down for 2 and left out the flour and the beef base, added a touch of cayenne pepper and browned the steak strips before putting them in the pot.Thanks for sharing a great taste!!
Charlotte you are right this one is almost like my recipe. But I like the idea about coating the beef with flour. The Worcestershire sause adds a great flavor. Thank You Have a nice day.
My husband really enjoyed the steaks. Thanks