Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy recipe with just a few steps. You can use any smaller squash but I prefer pepper or acorn squash. The variations are endless as well.
- 2 pepper squash
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese (any kind)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
- Place upside down in about an 1" of water in large pan.
- Cook til tender about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, saute the bacon til almost crispy.
- Add chopped vegetables to bacon.
- Saute til veggies are tender.
- Put veggies and bacon mixture into the squash bowls.
- Top with cheeses.
- Bake on the same pan used in step 2.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.