maryL in Canada's Note:
This is an easy recipe with just a few steps. You can use any smaller squash but I prefer pepper or acorn squash. The variations are endless as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
- 2Place upside down in about an 1" of water in large pan.
- 3Cook til tender about 35 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- 5Meanwhile, saute the bacon til almost crispy.
- 6Add chopped vegetables to bacon.
- 7Saute til veggies are tender.
- 8Put veggies and bacon mixture into the squash bowls.
- 9Top with cheeses.
- 10Bake on the same pan used in step 2.
- 11Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Squash Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.0
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 705.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 16.0 g