Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is not a bell pepper or chili pepper soup, but a ground spice pepper soup. In Gambia, it is said to heal you of the common cold.... or maybe it just opens up a stuffy nose and strips the soreness from your throat? VERY HOT soup!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 dice
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup base
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Boil chicken in a large pot for ten minutes with 8 cups of water and the chicken soup base.
- Add black pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, and garlic powder.
- Boil, uncovered, until there is about 2 - 2 1/2 cups of broth left in pan.
- Stir in the can of tomato paste and cook until the soup is thick.
- Serve over rice, if desired.