Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a pleasingly simple side dish, sized for two people. Or add some shredded cooked chicken and serve over rice for a colorful, satisfying main dish. Stir-frying the veggies retains all the flavor, texture, and nutrition! From Light & Tasty’s Feb/March 2006 issue. I haven’t tried it yet, but it looks great.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup julienned yellow sweet pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh snow pea
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- salt, to taste (optional)
- soy sauce, to taste (optional)
- Saute onion in oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add peppers and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the peas and mushrooms and saute 3-4 minutes longer, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Season to taste.