Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very basic and good because it can be eaten as is, dipped in seafood sauce, as an appy or added to other dishes, good in a plain spinach/mushroom/tomato salad with lemon/parmesan cheese/ balsamic vinegar / parsley dressing. From a Safeway advertisement 1996
- Place shrimp, 1 1/2 tbsp black pepper and lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Add butter, water and half of the paprika.
- Stir and cover pan. Bring to a boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat and turn shrimp over Let stand in hot liquid for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and transfer to bowl.
- Add remaining pepper and paprika, mix well.
A wonderful way to cook shrimp. I served our beautiful warm, pink shrimp with just the right amount of seasoning to make the flavor robust and zesty with lemon wedges as an appetizer. This was so easy, and so tasty. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, a great way to serve shrimp.
I love shrimp. I bought cooked jumbo shrimp. I followed the recipe except I did not add any water. The pepper, paprika, butter and lemon juice warmed these up to a tasty delight. Thank you again Dorothy.
I served these cold with a large wedge of lemon - excellent! I am always very aware of how long to cook Prawns so I brought the Water, lemon ,butter and half of the paprika & pepper to a boil then popped in the prawns for about a minute or 3 , just until they turned pink, flipped them and then doused them in cold water then followed through with the recipe Just great, as I always say we are really in tune with our tastes!!!!!