1/3 Photos of Pepper Seared Tuna Steaks
This spicy pepper coating and asian-style sauce prove that you can't go wrong with the simplest of ingredients. Add a touch of chili-garlic paste to the sauce for a hint of fire. This recipe is altered from original Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine black pepper and sesame seeds in bowl.
- 2Press tuna steaks into mixture, until coated.
- 3Heat sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- 4Add tuna steaks and sear about 1- 1 1/2 minutes each side (I like mine rare in the center, longer if you prefer well-cooked tuna).
- 5Transfer steaks to tented aluminum foil to keep warm.
- 6Add a touch more oil to pan, then add soy sauce and sherry.
- 7Add garlic and most of green onion (reserving some of the tops).
- 8If too much has boiled off, add a bit of red wine if necessary.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is slightly reduced, scraping up any brown bits, about 1 minute.
- 10Spoon sauce over tuna steaks, and sprinkle remaining green onion on top.
- 11Note: if you want to make more of this sauce, it tastes fantastic, and goes great with rices, potatoes, roasted veggies, etc.
- 12In the photo, I cross-cut Italian bread, drizzled with olive oil and briefly toasted.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Seared Tuna Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.9
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2018.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: