1/3 Photos of Pepper Seared Tuna Steaks
This spicy pepper coating and asian-style sauce prove that you can't go wrong with the simplest of ingredients. Add a touch of chili-garlic paste to the sauce for a hint of fire. This recipe is altered from original Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine black pepper and sesame seeds in bowl.
- 2Press tuna steaks into mixture, until coated.
- 3Heat sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- 4Add tuna steaks and sear about 1- 1 1/2 minutes each side (I like mine rare in the center, longer if you prefer well-cooked tuna).
- 5Transfer steaks to tented aluminum foil to keep warm.
- 6Add a touch more oil to pan, then add soy sauce and sherry.
- 7Add garlic and most of green onion (reserving some of the tops).
- 8If too much has boiled off, add a bit of red wine if necessary.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is slightly reduced, scraping up any brown bits, about 1 minute.
- 10Spoon sauce over tuna steaks, and sprinkle remaining green onion on top.
- 11Note: if you want to make more of this sauce, it tastes fantastic, and goes great with rices, potatoes, roasted veggies, etc.
- 12In the photo, I cross-cut Italian bread, drizzled with olive oil and briefly toasted.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Seared Tuna Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.9
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2018.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: