Recipe by ddays
Came from a great recipezaar trooper Polar Bear helped me find this! thank you kind one!!
Top Review by Oparu
I also left out the water and used a little more lime juice. I didn't have any red pepper paste so I used hot chili powder. This is a great sauce and it goes with more than just Chacarero sandwiches.
- 2 medium onions
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 44.37 ml red pepper paste
- 2 clove garlic
- olive oil
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 29.58 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube the onion in small cubes Then add, sugar or salt or hot water and rinse, this is to neutralize the flavor of the onion (a trick often done in Caribean cooking i've found).
- Chop the cilantro and mix with the onion.
- Add: hot pepper paste, minced garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lime, water and salt to taste.
- Mix well and let stand.
- Serve on bread (Chacarero's sandwhich i posted) or on top of grilled meats.