Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper, coarsely crushed
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- Heat broiler.
- Stir together cumin, salt, black pepper, white pepper, cayenne, coriander, garlic, and olive oil in small bowl until well mixed.
- Rub on both sides of chops.
- Broil pork chops 3 inches from gas broiler or 1-1/2 inches from electric broiler, turning once, until crispy on the outside and still slightly pink near bone, about 15 minutes total cooking time.
This was very tasty! We had the pork chops with Vegetable Korma and a salad with Sesame Ginger dressing. My husband and I give it 4 stars. It would've rated a five except that it was just a little too salty. Next time I make this recipe, I'll try using only half a teaspoon of salt.
excellent, flavorful rub. added garlic powder and onion powder. will make again! thanks for posting, recipenut!
I followed this recipe exactly, right down to the white pepper. I know I'm in the minority here but I just did not care for this recipe at all. I really did not like the taste of this rub, and believe me, I like my spice. Also, the chops were very dry. Even with thinner chops, I still don't care for the taste of the rub. Would not make again.