Recipe by Dug
Rib Steak is the best! (but it can be improved upon). This recipe, adapted from a Montreal restaurant, is an alternative method of preparing Rib Steak that incorporates lots of garlic and lots of black pepper (which is not as hot as it looks). You will Love it.
- 2 thick rib eye steaks
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 ounce brandy (warmed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Evenly distribute garlic and pepper to both sides of steaks and press in with the back of a tablespoon.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- BBQ on very hot grill to preferred doneness.
- Remove to a plate and add salt as preferred.
- Light brandy and pour over steaks.
- Let brandy (or cognac) burn out.
- Serve immediately with a nice Caesar Salad.
- (Steak can also be topped with Bearnaise sauce at this time for a very special presentation).