Recipe by itsgil
A recipe I learned in England over 40 yrs ago from my father-in-law. Very simple, yet very tasty. We love it on a cool day. A beef, onion, potato, and bean dish.
- 2 lbs stewing beef or 2 lbs diced chuck
- 10 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 medium onion, diced
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans pork & beans
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef, onion, water, pepper, garlic and Worcestershire sauce in bottom of Dutch oven.
- Layer half of the potatoes over meat; add beans then another layer of potatoes. (You may salt & pepper each layer if you want).
- Cover with lid or tinfoil and place in 300°F oven for 2 1/2 - 3 hours (I like to cook it at about 250°F for 4 1/2 to 5 hrs - then it melts in your mouth).
- Hope you enjoy.