Recipe by Denny2
I used to make this soup at a restaurant I worked at and it was by far one of the favorites. You can just use green peppers if you want, but I prefer to use a combination of peppers to add more color to the soup.
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 2 medium potatoes, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers (total) or 1 1⁄2 cups red peppers (total) or 1 1⁄2 cups yellow peppers, finely chopped (total)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 4 cups water, chicken bouillon powder, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and peppers in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper and 1 cup water together until smooth.
- Stir flour mixture into soup.
- Continue stirring until soup thickens.
- Add milk and heat through.
- Makes a large pot.