Recipe by yamma
A very good peel and eat shrimp, that is easy to make. You don't necessarily have to marinate them overnight, just put them in to marinate in the morning and fix them in the evening.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, unpeeled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons canola oil (divided use)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white wine (or white wine vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss shrimp with 1 tsp salt.
- Combine garlic, ginger, red pepper, onions and 2 1/2 T oil.
- Pour over shrimp and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to prepare shrimp, get a small bowl and mix together Worchestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, tomato paste, water, wine, sugar and cornstarch.
- Remove shrimp from marinade.
- Heat 1 1/2 T oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add cooking sauce.
- When bubbly, add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve in the shells.