Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The spicey hot chili paste can be a little dangerous, so be careful not to use too much.
- 1 small fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 medium fresh papaya, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot chili paste
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except chili paste.
- Cook over medium heat for 1 hour or until mixture has syrupy consistency.
- Fold in chili paste.
Wow, this was very good. For some reason the chili paste does seem hotter in this recipe. Perhaps it is because it is combined with sweetness? I don't know, but I liked this very well. Made for ZWT 7.