Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Rachael Ray Magazine.
- 1 lb spaghetti, snapped in half
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 links chicken sausage, precooked
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 bunch of fresh mint, leaves torn
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken sausage and cook until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then slice crosswise into thin rounds and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the cheese and the remaining 7 tablespoons olive oil. Add bell peppers, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Toss to combine; set aside to cool.
- Toss in reserved sausages and mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper.