Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I made this with a thick cut London Broil, and it was quick, easy and delicious. We proclaimed it "Excellent!" From Better Homes & Gardens "Phase I Low Carb Recipes."
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 2.46 ml cracked black pepper
- 236.59 ml sliced bell pepper, red, green and yellow
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml butter
- 4.92-7.39 ml snipped fresh oregano or 1.23 ml dried oregano, crushed
- Sprinkle meat lightly with salt.
- Press pepper onto meat.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place meat on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat to desired doneness, turning once halfway through broiling.
- Allow 12 to 14 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) or 15 to 18 minutes for medium doneness (160 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook sweet pepper strips and garlic in hot butter until tender.
- Stir in oregano.
- Spoon sweet pepper mixture over meat.