Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our fresh and delicious Crab and Avocado Salad is perfect as an appetizer or a lovely lunch. The spice of the pepper medley and the cool creaminess of the avocado create a perfect balance of flavor!
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package bell peppers, alouette sweet & spicy pepper medley
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 2 avocados, pitted and cut into large dice, skin reserved
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper (to season)
- In medium stainless steel or glass bowl combine Alouette® Pepper Medley, tomato, lime juice and curry powder. Mix well.
- Split avocado in half, remove pit, dice and reserve the shell.
- Fold in diced avocado and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently fold in crab meat.
- Fill Avocado halves with the salad and place on serving platter.
- Serve with crackers as a dip or with your favorite sandwich bread.