Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made up this recipe one day when I went a little overboard at the market and brought home too many peppers.
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large purple bell pepper (great if you can find it)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- salt, black and red pepper to taste
- Cut the peppers into strips.
- Peel the carrot and cut into very thin strips.
- Stir-fry in oil with the onion until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the garlic and fry 1 minute longer.
- Add the brown sugar, sesame seeds and seasonings.
- Stir-fry for one minute longer.
- Remove from heat and serve.
This was an attractive and enjoyable side dish. I liked the bursts of color from all the different peppers. It took me about 15 minutes to prep the veggies, but once I started cooking I think it only took about 5 minutes tops - very quick. I liked the flavor, but felt it was too sweet - I would use less brown sugar next time, and also cut down on the amount of sesame seeds.