Recipe by Proud Veteran's wife
This comes from Better Homes & Gardens (celebrating the promise) I really like this chicken hope you do too! It has you broil it but I usually just bake at 350 for about 30 min. It also calls for 6 chicken breasts but can be reduced I usually only make about 3 due to my family size. Prep time is also marinating time.
Top Review by teresas
This got rave reviews from the family...I used tenderloins and baked it in the oven for about 20 minutes...served it with the lime wedge and salsa...very easy to prepare...thanks for posting...Made for Spring 2012 PAC
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, finely shredded
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salsa (optional)
- lime wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breast halves in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, stir together lime peel, lime juice, oil, thyme (or basil), pepper, salt, and garlic. Pour over chicken seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 6 minutes or until light brown.
- Turn chicken and brush lightly with reserved marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Broil for 6 to 8 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170'F). If desired serve with salsa and lime wedges.