Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 1⁄4 lbs swordfish steaks, 1 inch thick cut into 4 equal pieces
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, or prepare the grill.
- Place each piece of fish on the center of 4 double layers of foil.
- Top each evenly with lemons, onion, rosemary, thyme, pepper, and salt.
- Make packets by bringing the 2 sides of the foil up to meet in the center and folding edges over, then folding the edges of each together.
- Allowing room for the packets to expand, crimp the edges.
- If baking, place the packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake or grill until the fish is opaque, 10-12 minutes.
- Open packets carefully when testing for doneness, as steam will escape.