Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make mini tarts for easy appetizers.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup homemade red hot pepper jelly
- Combine the cheese, butter, paprika, cayenne in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour, combining with a fork until it forms a nice ball of dough.
- Roll into small balls and place each into tart tin.
- You should get at least 30 tarts.
- Press each ball with fingers to shape tart shell bottom and sides.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon jelly into each mini tart.
- Bake 400 degrees for 10 minutes OR until golden.
- Cool in pans five minutes, then remove from pans to a wire cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- You can also put in a tiny cube of cream cheese than the hot pepper jelly.
- Or tiny pieces of Brie cheese rinds removed than top with the pepper jelly, another element of tang.
- We also have placed a tiny cube of cream cheese and placed in some raspberry seedles jam on top. ( the crust gives the heat and then the jam gives a touch of sweetness.).
A wonderful appetizer, so easily made and makes for a wow when served ... and an empty platter. Other then using hot pepper jelly found in the grocery aisle I made as directed and the recipe is already in my special occasion cookbook, as are so many of those Andypandy winners! Thank you for sharing.
Yummo, these were delish.It takes a minute of two for the dough to come together, it doesn't look like it will but don't panic all of a sudden you will get this great dough, amazing. I made as written, I used sharp chedder for the cheese and just upped the cayenne pepper to 1/2 t. I like it spicey. I also dropped in little cube of cream cheese into the tart then put the hot pepper jelly on top of that and baked them. They were great, I took them to a Luau we were invited to and everyone like them. I am going to another BBQ tonight and will probably make them again as they were easy and delicious. Thanks for the great recipe.