Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
We love pepper jelly and hope to try this soon. From Gourmet magazine.
Make and share this Pepper Jelly Glazed Chicken With Corn and Zucchini recipe from Food.com.
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 cup coriander leaves, packed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- Prepare grill.
- Seed and chop tomatoes and cut zucchini into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Finely chop coriander.
- In a heavy skillet cook onion in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, corn, and salt and pepper to taste and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- While corn mixture is simmering, prepare chicken.
- In a small saucepan melt jelly over moderate heat, stirring, and remove pan from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and chili powder and divide jelly mixture between 2 small bowls (to prevent the potential contaminations caused by uncooked meat juices).
- Pat chicken dry and brush with jelly mixture from 1 bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until just cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- With a clean brush, coat chicken with jelly mixture from other bowl.
- Stir cream cheese into corn mixture until melted and stir in coriander and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve corn mixture topped with chicken.
What a great fresh chicken recipe! The chicken had a little kick but wasn't too spicy; a nice combination with the veggies. I used fresh corn cut from the cob and left out the onions. Thanks for posting this recipe!
Overall flavors were good, I will make again with adjustments. I added a fresh chopped jalapeno pepper with the onions. I also added chipotle powder to the pepper jelly mixture (made with Hot Pepper Garlic Jelly #95632). Cook times were too long on both the chicken and veggie mixture. I will reduce the veggies down to 10-15 minutes next time. As stated they were mushy. Flavors were even better the next day for lunch.