Recipe by lazyme
We love pepper jelly and hope to try this soon. From Gourmet magazine.
Top Review by loof
What a great fresh chicken recipe! The chicken had a little kick but wasn't too spicy; a nice combination with the veggies. I used fresh corn cut from the cob and left out the onions. Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 cup coriander leaves, packed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill.
- Seed and chop tomatoes and cut zucchini into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Finely chop coriander.
- In a heavy skillet cook onion in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, corn, and salt and pepper to taste and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- While corn mixture is simmering, prepare chicken.
- In a small saucepan melt jelly over moderate heat, stirring, and remove pan from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and chili powder and divide jelly mixture between 2 small bowls (to prevent the potential contaminations caused by uncooked meat juices).
- Pat chicken dry and brush with jelly mixture from 1 bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until just cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- With a clean brush, coat chicken with jelly mixture from other bowl.
- Stir cream cheese into corn mixture until melted and stir in coriander and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve corn mixture topped with chicken.