Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is a zesty way to mix a family favorite of Tex Mex and Mac n Cheese together.
- 20 ounces Simply Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups corn and black bean salsa
- 1 -2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Fix Simply Potatoes Mac and Cheese according to directions.
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey on medium high to high heat until no longer pink.
- Lower heat to low/medium low, add salsa and ground cumin (add cumin to your own taste) and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add Simply Potatoes Mac and Cheese to turkey mixture and stir.
- Add in one cup of pepper jack cheese, stir until melted.
- Once pepper jack is melted, if desired add remaining cheese in small amounts until desired consistency and all pepper jack is melted.
- Optional: Salt to taste.