Recipe by YummySmellsca
My twist on a recipe from the Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook. It's a favourite in my family, and one of the reasons my weight loss journey was so successful! Turkey is lean, very nutrient dense and easily jazzed up. You won't be asking "where's the beef?" for long!
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse-grind black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey breast (make sure it's white-meat only)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (with peppercorns)
- 8 slices turkey bacon, cooked
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the minced shallot, soy sauce, Worcestershire, ketchup, coarse pepper, garlic powder, cumin and paprika in a large mixing bowl.
- Add ground turkey and mix well, but do not mash the meat to oblivion (no one likes tough turkey!)
- Stir in the Monterey Jack to evenly distribute.
- Shape into 4 patties, indenting the centres of each to fix the "burger bulge" (when they poof as they cook).
- Grill or broil until cooked through, about 6 minutes a side.
- Top each patty with 2 slices of cooked turkey bacon and serve on toasted buns.