Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very easy yet elegant dish in presentation. You will definitly impress the ones that you serve. A very unique and tasty dish.
- 2 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese (can also use sliced deli cheese or cheese cubes)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken tenders or 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cut cheese into two 2-1/4 in x 3/4 in strips.
- Flatten chicken with a meat mallet.
- Place a strip of cheese down the center of chicken.
- Fold chicken over cheese and secure with toothpicks.
- Rub seasoning over the outside of chicken.
- In a large skillet brown chicken on both sides.(once the chicken has fried on one side you can remove the toothpick).
- Transfer chicken to a greased baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear.
This was an easy and delicious recipe! I made one for each person in our family and we were all wishing I had made more. Thanks Parkers Mom
Very moist and flavorful chicken! Easy to prepare as well. I may skip the browning step next time even. I baked 2 breasts in an oversized bread pan and it reduced the cheese run-out issue. Added shredded cheese on top. Served with refried beans, tortillas, and rice. Yum!
Amazing! I was searching the Zaar for something to make for dinner with what I had on hand. I LOVE this! However, nothing to do with the recipe but I am so horrible at rolling chicken. Whatever I do, no matter how many toothpicks or how much tucking I think I do the filling always oozes out. I was upset when I saw this happening while it was in the oven so I opened it up and popped a few more chunks of pepperjack on top. (I also used chunks inside chicken, maybe thats why it didn't roll very well.. just what I had.) Anyways the end product was delectable and when I asked my boyfriend for comments/concerns all he said was "MORE!"