Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a different twist on the traditional cheesy potatoes. It has a "kick" to it from the pepper cheese. I received this from a friend and have made it many times since. I have received many recipe requests.
Top Review by gimme_a_spachler'
Meh. It was okay. Sure was salty. I had a jar of pimentos that have been living in my fridge for about a YEAR now. Now that they're used up, ill leave em out next time and add more ff onions.
- 26 ounces shredded frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except breadcrumbs, butter and french fried onions; mix well.
- Spread into ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Toss bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden and mixture is bubbly.
- Sprinkle french fried onions over casserole.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until onions are golden.
- Will keep in a warm oven, covered.