Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
From TOH Quick Cooking--Yummy!
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled,and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese, divided
- In a big bowl, add the potatoes and onions; mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, salt, chili powder, cayenne, and pepper.
- Pour over the potato mixture; toss to coat.
- Put half of the potatoes in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Top with the remaining potato mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve with salsa if desired.
These were really tasty! I left out the cayenne thinking that it'd be too spicy for the kid, but I'll put it in next time (otherwise made as directed). Thanks!