Recipe by JeannaLW
Cheesy, tomatoey and with a bit of a kick! Add a bit of diced jalepeno or extra pepperjack cheese if you want to heat this up a notch.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles, drain and return to pot.
- Over low heat, stir in milk and both cheeses; stir until melted. Cheese sauce will be stringy.
- Add tomatoes and stir thoroughly; sauce should smooth out. Season with pepper to taste.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.