Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Pepper Jack Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I use pepperidge farms)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, divided
- In a large bowl,combine the egg,bread crumbs,salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press half the beef mixture onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the cheese over meat to within 1/2 inch of sides.
- Pat remaining beef mixture over cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
This was a nice change from our regular meatloaf with the tomato sauce mixture on top. I used ground chuck but next time I think I will use ground round and not have as much grease in the pan. Added about a teaspoon of minced garlic and used monterey jack/colby shredded cheese. If you can find the monterey jack pepper cheese that would be excellent in this meatloaf as the regular cheese was good but did not add that bit of zip to the meatloaf. DH had two helpings, a winner for in his book!