Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on a Taste of Homes booklet.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped onion
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl combine the egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- In a 8x4-inch greased pan press half of the beef mixture onto the bottom and halfway up the sides.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of a cup of cheese over meat within 1/2 in of sides.
- Pat remaining beef mixture over cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 50 - 55 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
I had to try a recipe from a fellow Red Sox fan ... so this is the one I chose and it's a keeper! I used the monterey jack w/out pepper so the kids would eat it. I followed the recipe and only changed one thing - I poured a can of diced tomatoes on top before baking. This is truly a delicious meatloaf. Thank you for sharing the recipe :)
I made this from Taste of Home Magazine and it was a hit! Everyone wants the recipe. I used Cheddar once and Mozzarella once and both times yummy! Very Easy for novice me to make a great impression.