1/1 Photo of Pepper Jack Mac Salad
Kana Kahuna's Note:
A good crunchy mac salad with a little kick to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb elbow macaroni or 1 lb cavatappi pasta
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, eyeball it
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa (mild, green) or 1 cup chipotle salsa (hot, smoky red)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped or 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- salt and black pepper
- 1Bring water to a boil, salt it and add pasta.
- 2While pasta water is coming up to a boil and cooking, combine corn, pepper, onion and celery in a bowl with pepper Jack cheese. Season the veggies with salt and pepper.
- 3Run pasta under cold water to cool it and drain it well. Add pasta to vegetables and cheese.
- 4Place vinegar in a small bowl and whisk in extra-virgin olive oil, then fold in salsa. Pour sauce over salad and toss to coat evenly. Garnish salad with cilantro or parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Jack Mac Salad
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 829.8
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.4 mg
- Sodium 704.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: