A good crunchy mac salad with a little kick to it.
Make and share this Pepper Jack Mac Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni or 1 lb cavatappi pasta
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, eyeball it
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa (mild, green) or 1 cup chipotle salsa (hot, smoky red)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped or 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Bring water to a boil, salt it and add pasta.
- While pasta water is coming up to a boil and cooking, combine corn, pepper, onion and celery in a bowl with pepper Jack cheese. Season the veggies with salt and pepper.
- Run pasta under cold water to cool it and drain it well. Add pasta to vegetables and cheese.
- Place vinegar in a small bowl and whisk in extra-virgin olive oil, then fold in salsa. Pour sauce over salad and toss to coat evenly. Garnish salad with cilantro or parsley and serve.