Recipe by Starrynews
A spicy twist on mac & cheese - delicious! I found this in the Sunday paper, in a Carnation ad. We really enjoy this variation when we want an extra zip with our mac & cheese.
Top Review by Outta Here
This is very easy to put together-no white sauce to make! And it is easliy reduced by half, so we aren't eating leftover mac n' cheese for a week :) I left out the cayenne, but will try it next time.
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions.
- After draining macaroni, stir in the cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 c Pepper Jack cheese, evaporated milk, and black pepper with the macaroni.
- Pour macaroni and cheese into prepared dish and sprinkle with 1/2 c Pepper Jack cheese, tortilla chip pieces, and the cayenne pepper.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.