Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the Spring 2003 edition of Eating Well. Serve with Black Bean and Tomato Salsa. (I'll post that one too)
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese (or cheddar)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat tortillas.
- This can be done by stacking them in 3s or 4s, wrapped tightly in foil and placing them in a 300 degree oven for 5- 10 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat.
- Add chiles to the pan and cook for one minute.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring slowly with a wooden spoon or heat resistant spatula, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Divide eggs evenly on the tortillas.
- Sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons cheese, and roll up.