Recipe by riffraff
This is from our local Fire Department. It looks complicated but is really very easy.
Top Review by BonnieZ
While this recipe looks complicated it is really rather easy, and produces chicken that is highly flavorful. I did use reduced fat cheese, turkey bacon and egg substitute with good success. The pepper sauce is delicious and a perfect compliment to the chicken. Thank you Riffraff for sharing the recipe.
Pepper Jack Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, julienned
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 cups flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 3 cups corn chips, finely crushed or pulsed in food processor
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 roasted red peppers
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut in 1 inch dice
- 1 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Pepper Jack Chicken: Pound chicken as thin as possible without tearing.
- Saute bacon, adding poblano pepper and onion.
- Cook until bacon is done and poblano pepper and onion are softened.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on each piece of chicken.
- Top with some of the bacon/veggie mixture.
- Fold in sides of chicken, then roll up.
- Use a toothpick to hold bundle together, if desired.
- Bread each roll by first rolling in flour, then eggs, then corn chips.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Spray or brush the top of each bundle with butter or margarine.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with roasted red pepper sauce.
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce: To roast peppers, blacken on all sides over a gas flame or a hot barbeque fire or under the broiler.
- When all sides are black, place in a paper sack and seal.
- After 15 minutes, remove peppers from bag and rinse under cold water.
- Peel should come right off.
- Remove seeds.
- Cut into 1 inch squares.
- Saute peppers and onions in a skillet until onions are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in blender with 1/4 cup of stock, and puree.
- Add remaining stock, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Blend until smooth.