Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup frozen vegetables (if you can get onion, peppers, celery and parsley, that works well)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) boxlong grain wild rice
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 X 13 inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Spray a large skillet with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Saute vegetables 3-5 minutes or until onion is clear.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- Add water to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Add sauteed vegetables, tomato and green chilies.
- Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Top each with 1/3 cup rice mixture.
- Fold sides of chicken over rice.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Bake 35-40 minutes Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with jalapeno and cheese.
- Bake 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Combine sour cream, salad dressing, cilantro and milk in a small bowl.
- Serve chicken with 3 Tbsp sauce and salsa.