1/1 Photo of Pepper Jack Cheese Muffins
This is a tweaked version of the muffin recipe in the KitchenAid booklet. These are very tasty and neither too spicy nor cheesy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1Mix buttermilk, butter, and eggs.
- 2In a separate bowl mix together the flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, parsley, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- 3Add to bowl with buttermilk mixture. Stir together until just moistened. Do not overbeat.
- 4Fill greased muffin pan 2/3 full and bake at 400 F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Jack Cheese Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.4 mg
- Sodium 296.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g