Prep 20 mins
Cook 23 mins
This is a great macaroni and cheese dish that the teens LOVE.
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (Tillamook)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese, set aside for topping (Tillamook)
- 1 cup shredded medium cheddar (Tillamook)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- crumbled potato chips or crushed crouton, for topping
- Boil Elbow Macaroni and drain, then pour into buttered casserole dish.
- In a saucepot, heat evaporated milk, butter and cheeses on medium heat until all is melted together, stirring frequently. Mix in salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Pour into macaroni in the casserole dish and mix well. Foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Uncover casserole dish and sprinkle the reserved 1/4 cup of pepper jack and topping of choice on top of the mac and cheese. Broil on high until topping is browned and cheese is melted.
- Teens LOVE this recipe!
I have to say, I didnt love it :( ... I had really wanted it to turn out like that of Applebee's, but for some reason it didnt do well at all.. I used tons of cheese and followed the recipe exactly. Mine turned out very bland. But thanks for posting!!
The flavor is good but VERY dry.
great recipe I used it for an entire congragation of 5000 people everyone loved it